1.30.2009

Favorite parts of Winnipeg.

There's always something to love about any place you're living.

Now that I live in the geographical centre of Canada: Winnipeg, Manitoba.

I figured I'd share things I enjoy about Winterpeg:

A. the first snowfall of the season. Gorgeous white tipped trees. Pristine white sidewalks unscathed by dirt and foot prints.
B. Skating at the Forks is the BeeessssT (insert Nacho Libre accent)

I always love going. the Forks is like Granville island if you're from Vancouver, B.C.
A cool trendy market place, with clubs, restaurants. The Forks is the 'fork' where the Assiniboine and Red River meet.

During the Winter in the -50 C the rivers freeze...creating the world's longest outdoor skating rink.

Often they plow the rivers creating skating trails and line it with trees and lights. It's a beautiful way to enjoy the evening air.

When I was single i loved skating hard by myself for a few hours and 5-6kms...now it's even better to enjoy skating holding Julie's hand gliding on a romantic evening skate.

C. Summer time: Farmer's Market
- .50 ear of corn
- spring rolls
- apples that taste like candy.

D. It snows then it's plowed. It's a blessing to have clean streets to drive on unlike Vancouver.

E. Living across the street from a chinese market (WenKai) and the best pizza parlor in Winnipeg. (Romani's pizza)

I'll keep adding to the list.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Tarren said...

that FULLY makes Winnipeg about a million times more appealing in my mind.

now when i think of Winnipeg, i shall not think of grey block dreary buildings. rather, i'll think of cool, pretentious artsy yuppies at the farmer's market eating fresh, cheap corn, while discussing cool pretentious things.

next time tara and i will try and get a layover in Winnipeg!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Wow, it's great to hear what you love about Winnipeg. It does make Winnipeg sound so much more appealing...and I miss snow!! I love that Calgary already has snow, and part of me wishes I could be there, but maybe only for a few weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home