2.27.2007

feb 19th-Jars of Clay; Feb 24th-Switchfoot

hey Guys,

I never attend concerts..but this week i went to two!

Jars of Clay was fantastic. Although i don't have any of their newer albums....I only really enjoyed 30% of the concert. Actually there was a section of 3 songs where I almost fell asleep. Shh... don't tell anyone.

Their renditions of some classic songs were just as inspiring from the first time I heard them several years ago. I acutally use to listen to Jars before I was a believer... i never really understood the lyrics until I gave my life to Christ...then songs like"Flood"..."Frail" took an even deeper relevance to my life. They are quite talented musicians! - mundane dressers though ;-P





Switchfoot on was like night and day to jars. They were much more energetic especially with Johnathan jumping on speakers, singing ontop of balcony ledges, playing 6 different guitars and landing some great one liners. He had a few people come on stage to join the band too.

I still don't understand their current album "Oh Gravity" But great nonetheless. I enjoy Switchfoot's ability to make Christianeze into powerful poetic word pictures: "crooked souls"..."amateur lovers"...."hoping that he is meant for more.."

3 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Yes, I'm Catholic said...

Thanks for posting that video with your review.

I was at a Switchfoot concert in October. I'm an "older" fan, so I've been to a lot of concerts in my life, but Switchfoot was above and beyond the rest. My teen daughter felt the same (and she's been to several, too. SF was our third that month.)

I listen to their music differently now. They've become my favorite band since the concert.

We had a meet-and-greet pass for after the concert. All of the band members are as great in person as they are on stage.

Thanks again for the revieew, and especially for teh video.

Janet
www.CanIChangeALife.blogspot.com

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

That's cool! they came to calgary too, but I never went unfortunately.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger PakG1 said...

No idea what's happening tomorrow. But I'll pray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home