12.15.2006

No more Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde = response to airports

Hey Folks.

This post is a relfection of an earlier one: on "Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde at the airport"

I've been flying a lot lately and will fly even more during the next year. And I've begun to change my attitudes and actions at the airport. Originally, I would get quite fustrated and have angry outbursts at people I love... until I had one outburst that caused me and my loved one so much pain I realized I needed to change.

This past season while flying back from Toronto to Vancouver after my training time with Campus for Christ I realized that I am starting to change. i've flown 3 times in the last few months and recognized that i was calmer in the airport and on the plane. I don't believe it's just the additional flights that I'm taking. I believe it is God working on my heart to mold and shape me into a less anxious person. Praise God for his continued work in my life.

Reality Check: the airport is not that bad. My prayers have been answers...or at least God has changed my attitudes towards the airport and flying.

I was able to get to the airport early which detracts from rushing, I was calm about checking in my bagage, and getting to the proper destination. I got a quick breakfast at TimHo's and was well on my way to enjoying a great trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home